These shoes were born from the frustration of a new parent struggling to put a pair of shoes on the foot of their toddler. Hatchbacks deleveled and patented a hinged shoe that opened from the back to make it easy to fit a toddler with shoes. Hatchbacks responded to the needs of their customers and created these shoes that incorporate their unique "Easy Fit" system for the use of AFOs (Ankle Foot Orthotics).
- A patented hinged shoe that opens from the back that makes for easy-on and easy-off
- 4E Wide at the toe
- Extra girth around the ankle to accommodate AFOs
- Added features to aid in producing a more natural walking gait, such as gently curved sole and lightweight synthetic materials
Sizing: Measure the AFO (brace) per the instructions and illustrated example below. Measure the length of the AFO in inches. Use the exact length to reference the closest size. We recommend you attempt to be as precise as possible.
Measure from the bottom of your child's brace (including toes if they extend beyond the brace). All measurements are in inches.
- Measure the length of the longest part of the AFO - usually from the big toe area through the middle of the heel.
- Measure the widest part of the AFO BOTTOM - directly under the ball or behind the toes. Do not attempt to measure the width above the bottom portion of the AFO.
- Match length "in inches" to the size chart that is in Product Photos. Be as specific as possible!
- NOTE: Hatchbacks have already added a little length (about 1/4 inch) to EACH SIZE on the sizing chart. As an example, if the AFO measures 6 1/2 inches long, then we would recommend a size 9 Hatchbacks Shoes.