Our Cushy, Weighted Lap Pad by Kozie Clothes is designed to help with self-regulation. Help your child stay calm and organized with deep pressure tactile and proprioceptive sensory input. Deep touch pressure causes the release of both serotonin and dopamine in the brain. These are "happy" neurotransmitters and produce a feeling of calm.
The Cover is made from two different materials for an extra tactile experience. Ultra-soft on one side, combined with 100% cotton Denim on the other side. IMPORTANT; Kozie Lap Pads utilize a double pocket system for increased durability and safety housing the poly beads for weight. This makes us different from others. Our designs are relevant, non-stigmatizing and non-distracting. This Weighted Lap Pad is durable, washer and dryer safe, and can go anywhere because it is perfect portable size. Take along to school, restaurants, car riding, movies, or when doing homework and craft activities, etc.
- Machine washable. No need to remove weighted weights.
- The weight pellets are sewn into many channels, therefore, the weight stays in the designated area preventing all the weight falling to the bottom
- Our Lap Pad is filled with non-mildew poly pellets. It feels so good!
- No Velcro is used on our weighted Lap Pad to avoid picking up dirt and lint which can render the Lap Pad non-useful
- The cover is two-sided for extra tactile input. One side is plush fabric for a cozy warm sensation. The other side of each cover is denim adding a cool and durable side
- These High-Quality Lap Pads are relevantly designed to transcend all age groups and look great anywhere!!!
- Non-Distracting; There are no added fidgets or distracting patterns so our high-quality Lap Pad can be used anytime, anywhere!
- The construction is like no other!
- Especially designed by Sensory Certified Occupational Therapist
WEIGHTED BLANKET/LAP PAD SAFE GUIDELINES
- Weighted blankets/pads should only be used with the direction and advice of your doctor, consultant, occupational therapist or other suitably qualified health professional. ·
- Ensure that the blanket/pad does not cover the persons face and never use the blanket/pad as a restraint. The user should be supervised and be able to self-remove the blanket independently. ·
- In the unlikely event of any discomfort discontinue use immediately. ·
- Keep the blanket/pad away from heat sources, naked flames, and cigarettes. Do not place on heaters or radiators. ·
- Do not roll up a person in a weighted blanket
- Never cover the head with the weighted blanket/pad ·
- Do not use if there is a condition that may be compromised by putting weight on the body ·
- Do not use on children under the age of three or on children who cannot move out of underneath and peel back the blanket/pad ·
- Make sure the blanket/pad is always in good condition and have no holes, openings, rips, etc. ·
- Weighted blankets should be used under the supervision of an adult at all times. Kozie Clothes and PATTI + RICKY accepts no responsibility for the misuse of blankets and lap pads supplied.