Kena’s classmates make fun of her for wearing hearing aids, but what they don’t know is that her hearing aids give her ears super powers, turning her into Super Kena! Super Kena is assembling one fierce team to make a difference and help her classmates realize that each of them have their own super powers which make them more alike than different.
Fierceness comes in many forms, but Super Kena’s fierceness arrives in the form of powerful determination. When kids at school make fun of her hearing aids, Kena gets a super idea. She will gather her differently-abled classmates to create a team of super heroes! There’s Amazing Anna, whose glasses give her perfect vision. An insulin pump helps Watchful Wendy fight her diabetes. Using his super wheelchair to zip around is Zippy Zach. Quiet Quinn battles his stutter with the help of a speech teacher. A food allergy is no match for Precise Priya, who always makes sure to be careful around peanuts. And Determined Danny can run as fast as the wind with the power of his asthma inhaler! Together they use their unique super powers to make a difference in the world by spreading understanding and acceptance . . . one classroom at a time.
- Buyers will receive a link to download their Super Kena E-Book in the Thank You page after Checkout, along with an emailed link that will last for 30 days
- Author: Becky Cymbaluk
- Illustrator: Zuzana Svobodová
- Publisher: Aspen's Grace LLC; 1st edition (2019)
- E-Book; 32 Pages
- Colorful illustrations attractive to children
- Language: English
- The American Sign Language alphabet is included for children to learn and decipher a puzzle on the back cover